How an Iron and Steel company used process improvements to increase profits by 1.2 million euros
ABOUT THE PROJECT
Before Implementation %
After Implementation %
Zyfra MDCplus is the industrial equipment monitoring system
The basic component of the enterprise's digitalization process.
- Connection to any industrial equipment and process operations control.
- Accumulation of the equipment and personnel performance statistics enabling the top management to detect “bottlenecks” of operating cycles.
- An opportunity to reduce paperwork
- Equipment operation and downtime control including classification of its reasons.
- Transmitting information on emergency situations to relevant divisions.
- Parts and process operations identification.
Implementation of the monitoring system
Manufacturer of interchangeable equipment and spare parts for process units of steelmaking and ore dressing facilities.
Objectives for the monitoring system implementation:
- Development of an integrated system for the enterprise performance assessment
- Increase in the equipment load factor
Tasks for Zyfra MDCplus
Zyfra MDCplus Implementation
At the pilot project stage, Zyfra MDCplus was deployed on 2 machines: EMCO Linearmill 600 with Heidenhain CNC and Unisight Uniport with Siemens CNC.
The machines were connected together at the same time via direct protocol and by using hardware for more complete data collection. Monitoring Terminal TVV-10 and Zyfra MDCplus Adapter R-03D were installed on the machines
We defined the main modes of the machines: operation, downtime, machine ON, no data.
Part processing mode was defined against threshold values of loads on electric drives of machines.
For the in-depth analysis of downtime reasons, the manual entry of 12 specific modes of equipment was implemented.
All the pre-set KPIs were achieved as a result of the pilot project. The enterprise’s top management decided to connect to the monitoring system 47 machines more and thus to integrate the train of machines into the unified network.
Zyfra MDCplus Implementation Results
The data showed that for 33% of work time fund the machines were switched on while unreasonable downtime amounted to 22%. Details of downtime reasons allowed to make management pointwise decisions for reducing downtime. As a result, detected production reserves allowed increasing the equipment load almost 2 times.
Control of the machine drive power consumption resulted in:
- detection of power reserves
- increase in the load on machines
- increase in the cutting mode
- decrease in the parts processing cycle
Get Started Now
Our team of account managers can meet with you or your team members to discuss your business needs. We support companies across the globe and have support teams in Canada, the United States, and Europe.